Insurance Appraisal Jewelry
When you have an expensive piece or collection of jewelry, it’s wise to insure that jewelry against loss or theft. Oftentimes, this is accomplished through your homeowners or renter’s insurance company, although most companies also have individual policies that you can use to insure your jewelry.
When you request a policy to include your jewelry, you will need to provide documentation to your insurance company that shows them the value and also provides a detailed description of the item that you’re insuring.
Bromfield Jewelers has over 30 years of appraisal experience and carries the necessary certifications and licenses to make sure that you’re getting the most accurate appraisal of your items for your insurance needs.
When you bring your jewelry pieces to us for appraisal, you’ll receive:
- A general description of your piece or collection
- Notes on the gemstone, including treatment, natural vs. synthetic, and measurements (like weight and grade)
- Detailed notes on the type of setting and description of its materials
- An appraisal of its value
- The correct form that you can submit to your insurance company
You can visit us at 49 Bromfield Street, Boston, MA 02108. You’re more than welcome to visit us during our normal business hours of Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m., but you can also call us at (617) 423-7464 to schedule an appointment.
We are located in the Downtown/Financial District/Jewelry District and proudly serve Greater Boston and all surrounding communities.